Call for Candidates
MAPS Europe B.V., a trial sponsor, aims to obtain approval for the prescription use of 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) as an adjunct to psychotherapy in patients with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). MP18 is a multi-site, open-label, lead-in study that will assess the safety and effectiveness of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy in participants diagnosed with at least severe PTSD. The study will take place in multiple countries in Europe. Additional information about this research is available at mapseurope.eu.
A group of highly-trained and reliable independent raters (IR) will conduct several tests via tele-assessment (a video call over a secure, encrypted internet connection) at different time points. The IR will not know the study design, the number of visits or number of treatments the participant has received and will not have access to data collected by the sites during the treatment period. These measures and the fact that the people performing these tests are independent of the active study reduces the chance of bias. IR visits will be assigned based on availability of the rater.
Required Language Fluency in either
Required Experience and Skills
- Past clinical experience administering structured diagnostic interviews of psychiatric disorders, such as the CAPS 5, MINI, SCID, and SCID-5-PD(essential)
- Past professional or research experience working with trauma-survivor populations, such as veterans
- Past clinical experience with trauma-related conditions, such as Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Completion of a Masters or Doctoral degree in the mental health field
- Competent use of computers, mobile apps, scanners, video conferencing and email applications
- Knowledge of patient confidentiality practices
- Thoughtful, communicative, and professional
- Past experience adhering to research protocols for clinical trials
- Knowledge of or experience with the Clinical-Administered PTSD Scale for the DSM-5 (CAPS-5), the Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-5 (SCID-5), and Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-Personality Disorders (SCID-5-PD)
- Knowledge of or experience with the Clinical-Administered PTSD Scale for the DSM-4 (CAPS-4), the SCID for DSM-4, and Axis 2 SCID for DSM-4 (SCID-PD)
- Raters should be able to provide availability for at least one 3-hour assessment block per week, preferably at least two 3-hour blocks per week or 6 hour blocks. Please note, after the training phase, the work of the Independent Rater will be scheduled based on the needs of the research sites, along with the Independent rater’s availability, and will not amount to 6 hours every week.
- Raters should have access to a computer in a private setting with reliable internet access in order to conduct assessments and meetings via online video conferencing.
- During these assessments, raters should adhere to the relevant study protocol, accurately administer the appropriate instrument, and follow up with relevant sponsor staff members. Training on these protocols and processes will be provided.
- Raters should plan to attend most (if not all) 1-hour biweekly reliability meetings via Zoom.
- Raters should be able to maintain timely and clear communication with sponsor staff, including responding to emails within 3 days.
- Raters should have the ability to use mobile applications to communicate with site staff and scan relevant documents, effectively use computer programs to email and participate in video calls, and return assessment forms within 2 weeks of assessment.
If this has caught your interest and you have experience administering structured interviews (along with the other job requirements), then please email an up-to-date CV (in English) to
Libby Heimler, Independent Rater Pool Coordinator.
About MAPS Europe and MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MAPS PBC)
MAPS Europe and MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MAPS PBC) catalyzes healing and well-being through psychedelic drug development, therapist training programs, and sales of prescription psychedelics prioritizing public benefit above profit.
MAPS Europe and MAPS PBC is committed to the evolution of psychedelic healing modalities. We are building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We value transparency, autonomy, experimentation, and kind, direct feedback. We welcome applicants who thrive in the midst of a growing organization that values science and healing.
We believe in diversity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, educational backgrounds, military and veteran status, religions, abilities, and perspectives.
MAPS values and seeks applicants who are people of color, queer, transgender, gender non-conforming, and gender fluid people. MAPS strives to establish a supportive, equitable and accessible work environment.